Following a challenging day of unpredictable weather, I wanted to thank those parents that have supported school in the difficult decisions that have had to be made. Where possible all the local schools made the same decision of a phased closure in order to reduce the impact of lots of traffic being on the roads at the same time. The Local Authority expect schools to stay open as much as possible, despite poor weather conditions, and to have only closed fully 50 minutes before the end of a normal school day, I feel we met those expectations. I would also like to thank all the staff who made opening school possible by travelling from as faraway as Doncaster. When making a decision on when to close, I also have to take the staff’s travelling time into account.
Based on the fact we are expecting sub-zero temperatures overnight and throughout the day tomorrow, I have made the decision to postpone World Book Day celebrations until Monday 5th March. This will allow you to wrap your children up warm for school tomorrow.
As we are not due anymore snow, it is my hope that we will be open as usual tomorrow. However, I will assess the situation in the morning and then confirm this via our various communication methods by 7:30am, possibly opting for a later start to enable staff and parents to make their way to school safely in what are likely to be icy conditions.
Executive Head teacher